Sunday, February 5, 2012

Remembering Isabelle ~ A Tribute to a beloved companion ~ April 2010 - January 2012


One morning in the spring of 2010, as I arrived to work at the school there were two feral kittens sleeping in the entry way to the barn.  They scampered off at the sight of me but when Lila arrived she set about patiently capturing them and from that day on they were part of our life at the school. We named them Rosie and Isabelle...


They quickly settled into life at the barn and found all sorts of cozy places to sleep...mostly baskets of yarn...and they never were very far from each other.


                                               Isabelle's favorite play toy.

                                           
                                 The thrum basket....after a hard day at play.

                      
                                The looms became her favorite play places....


                                          
                                                   and sleeping places......

             
                             and some students were very forgiving, like Elena.

        
                     Even as they grew to adults they still loved to sleep together.


A year ago this past December I moved them up to my house to be with their brother, Hazel, and they were my most faithful companions. Unfortuneately last weekend Isabelle disappeared at night and we have not seen her since. She will be remembered fondly by all who came into contact with her both at my house and at the school.

3 comments:

  1. Don't give up on her yet- I had a kitty go away for a month and come home one evening like she hadn't even been gone. I'll hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you for inspiring us with more hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mitzie disappeared like that too, many years ago, and returned skinny but otherwise OK...and now she's curled up on my feet. We'll keep our fingers and paws crossed for Isabelle too! I have pictures of both kitties from my first visit to Marshfield, and my first natural dyeing class. :-)

    ReplyDelete